What's new in this release
WSO2 Message Broker version 3.0.0 is the successor of version 2.2.0. It is based on the Carbon 4.4.2. It contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Databases can be configured for storage using different database types. The supported database types in this release are H2, MySQL, MSSQL and Oracle. Note that Cassandra has been removed. For more information see the topic on setting up the MB database.
- If your enterprise already has a JDBC store, a minimum of two nodes are required for setting up a WSO2 Message Broker cluster. It is no longer required to have nine JVMs for an MB cluster.
- MQTT (Message Queuing and Telemetry Transport), a lightweight, broker-based publish/subscribe messaging protocol allows the queues and topics to be globalised as well as scaled across several instances. Read more about MQTT in MB.
- New message distribution algorithm for distributed subscribers over a cluster. For more information read about slot-Based architecture in MB.
- Error, warning and reporting improvements on the management console.
- Support for metrics visualization. For more information see the topic on working with Carbon metrics.
Fixed and known issues
WSO2 MB 3.0.0 is based WSO2 Carbon 4.4.2 and is expected to be compatible with any of the WSO2 products that are based on any Carbon 4.4.x version. If you get any compatibility issues, please contact the WSO2 team. For information on third-party software requirements with MB 3.0.0, see Installation Prerequisites. For more information on the products in each Carbon platform release, see the Release Matrix.