This sample demonstrates how a model is generated out of a data set using the
COLLABORATIVE FILTERING (Explicit Data) algorithm.
Follow the steps below to set up the prerequisites before you start.
- Download WSO2 Machine Learner, and start the server. For information on setting up and running WSO2 ML, see Getting Started.
- Download and install jq (CLI JSON processor). For instructions, see jq Documentation.
- If you are using Mac OS X, download and install GNU stream editor (sed). For instructions, see GNU sed Documentation.
Executing the sample
Follow the steps below to execute the sample.
<ML_HOME>/samples/default/collaborative-filteringdirectory using the CLI.
- Execute the following command to execute the sample:
Analyzing the output
Once the sample is successfully executed, you can view the summary and the prediction of the model as described below.
By default, the sample generates the model in the
<ML_HOME>/models/ directory of your machine. For example, the generated file is in the following format denoting the date and time when it was generated:
- Open the ML UI using the
adminas both the user name and the password to log in.
- Click Projects.
- Click Models to view the models of the
wso2-ml-collaborative-filtering-explicit-sample-analysisanalysis that was created when the sample was executed.
- Click View on the model as shown below.
The summary of the model is displayed as follows.
- Check the output log of the CLI to view the prediction of the model.
The product recommendations are displayed as follows.
The user recommendations are displayed as follows.