WSO2 Stratos 2.0.0 was donated to the Apache Software foundation and was released as Apache Stratos 3.0.0 (incubating). Thereafter, WSO2 Stratos has been rebranded as WSO2 Private PaaS. WSO2 Private PaaS version 4.0.0 is the first release and it has been built on top of Apache Stratos 4.0.0.
What's new in this release
WSO2 Private PaaS 4.0.0 includes several enhancements when compared with WSO2 Stratos 2.0.0, which are as follows:
- Auto-scaling decisions have been improved considerably.
Previously, auto-scaling decisions were made based on the HTTP request queue length of the load balancer for a particular cluster. However, now the auto-scaling process has been improved and multiple factors are taken into account when making auto-scaling decisions. While, integrating real-time and rule-based decision making. WSO2 Complex Event Processor (CEP) has been used for real-time decision making. For more information, see Autoscaler.
- WSO2 Private PaaS now includes two smart policies: Auto-scaling policy and Deployment policy.
- Cloud bursting across multiple IaaS with the use of smart deployment policies.
- Better control over IaaS resources. DevOps can define partitions and network partitions to control IaaS resources in a more efficient manner.
- WSO2 Private PaaS has improved the load balancers (LBs), so that the LBs can be deployed as a cartridge; therefore, this allows LBs to scale up and down based on the load. While, also allowing third-party load balancers (e.g., HAproxy) to be used with Apache Stratos.
- WSO2 Private PaaS uses an AMQP Message Broker (MB) for loosely coupled communication among all the components.
- WSO2 Private PaaS, now supports Windows based (.NET) cartridges.
- Puppet is used to configure all the cartridges. Thereby, making the configuration process more efficient.
- WSO2 Private PaaS has revamped their web based console. Now, DevOps are able to use the web based console to easily deploy partitions, autoscaling policies, deployment policies, load balancers, cartridges and multi-tenant service clusters.
- WSO2 Private PaaS is enriched with the integration of the following WSO2 products being provided as cartridges:
- Demo AMI. For more information, see the Quick Start Guide.