The workflow involved in deploying a deployment policy is illustrated in the diagram below:
The workflow involved in deploying a deployment policy is as follows:
- DevOps will have to define the deployment policy using a
deployment-policy.jsonvia the CLI, Web UI or REST API and send it to Stratos Manager.
- Stratos Manager will send the deployment policy service to Auto-scaler and Auto-scaler will send it further to the Cloud Controller for validation.
- Cloud Controller validates the details defined in the JSON file of the deployment policy against the IaaS, about all the partitions of the defined partition group, and will return the validation results back to the Auto-scaler.
- Based on the success of the validation results, Auto-scaler persists the partition in the registry for permanent storage and updates it in the in-memory model in a temporary manner.
- Auto-scaler returns the final validation results to Stratos Manager that will further send the results to the DevOps via the CLI, Web UI or REST API.