The workflow involved in deploying a partition is illustrated in the diagram below:
The workflow involved in deploying a partition will be as follows:
- DevOps will have to define the partition using a
partition.jsonvia the CLI, Web UI or REST API and send it to Stratos Manager by invoking a REST call.
- Stratos Manager will send the deploy-partition service to Auto-scaler, which it will send to the Cloud Controller, for the validation.
- Cloud Controller will validate the details defined in the JSON of the partition against the IaaS, about facts such as accuracy and availability of regions, zones etc. and send the validation results to Auto-scaler.
- Based on the success of the validation results, Auto-scaler persists the partition in the registry for permanent storage and updates it in the in-memory model in a temporary manner.
- Auto-scaler returns the final results to Stratos Manager, which will further send the results to DevOps via the CLI, Web UI or REST API.