You can use the "Shutdown/Restart" feature to shut down and restart the server. The machine can be shut down and restarted gracefully or forcefully.
Follow the instructions below to shut down or restart the server via the PPaaS Management Console:
If you wish you can stop the server via the command window as follows:
- Press Ctrl+C in the command window.
If you started the server in background mode in Linux, enter the following command instead:
- Sign into the PPaaS Management Console.
- On the Main menu, navigate to Manage and click Shutdown/Restart.
- Click on the most applicable shutdown or restart option. The available options are:
- Graceful shutdown - Stops accepting new requests, continues to process already received requests, and then shuts down the server.
- Forced shutdown - Discards any requests currently being processed and immediately shuts down the server.
- Graceful Restart - Stops accepting new requests, continues to process already received requests, and then restarts the server.
- Immediate Restart - Discards any requests currently being processed and immediately restarts the server.