This section demonstrates how to simulate a single event to be processed via WSO2 SP.
Before simulating events, a Siddhi application should be deployed.
Simulating an event
To simulate a single event, follow the steps given below.
Access the Stream Processor Studio via the
http://localhost:<EDITOR_PORT>/editorURL. The Stream Processor Studio opens as shown below.
The default URL is
- Click the Event Simulator icon in the left pane of the editor to open the Single Simulation panel.
It opens the left panel for event simulation as follows.
- Enter Information in the Single Simulation panel as described below.
- In the Siddhi App Name field, select a currently deployed Siddhi application.
- In the Stream Name field, select the event stream for which you want to simulate events. The list displays all the event streams defined in the selected Siddhi application.
- If you want to simulate the event for a specific time different to the current time, enter a valid timestamp in the Timestamp field. To select a timestamp, click the time and calendar icon next to the Timestamp field.
Then select the required date, hour, minute, second and millisecond. Click Done to select the time stamp entered. If you want to select the current time, you can click Now.
- Enter values for the attributes of the selected stream.
- Click Send to start to send the event. The simulated event is logged similar to the sample log given below.