The Dashboard Portal of WSO2 Stream Processor allows you to generate reports with graphical illustrations of processed data. This is done by creating PDF documents with selected dashboards and widgets.
Before you begin:
If you want the PDF documents downloaded to have a header and/or a footer, you can add a similar to the example shown below in the
<SP_HOME>/conf/dashboard/deployment.yaml file. In this example, the configuration adds both a header and a footer.
The images referenced via the header and footer parameters in the above configurations need to be saved in the
<SP_HOME>/wso2/dashboard/deployment/web-ui-apps/portal/public/images directory. Each image should have a width of 629px, and a height of 94px.
Generating a report for a single widget
To create a PDF document with a single widget, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the WSO2 Dashboard Portal and access it. For instructions, see Visualizing Data. The available dashboards are displayed as shown below.
- Click on the dashboard you want to view. In this example, the Sales Dashboard is clicked. The home page of the dashboard opens as shown in the example below.
To download a widget in the dashboard as a PDF document, click the Generate Report icon of that widget.
Generating a report with multiple dashboard pages
To create a PDF document that includes one or more dashboard pages, follow the procedure below:
- Open the existing Sales Dashboard as instructed in the first two steps of Generating a report with a single widget section.
- To generate a PDF document with all the widgets displayed in the current page, open the left pane by clicking the icon marked in red below at the top left corner of the page.
- In the left navigator, select a page (e.g., the Home page) you want to include in the report, and then click Capture the Current Page.
Once you click the Capture the Current Page for a page, the Generate Report button is enabled.
- If there is another page you want to include in the report (e.g., Regional Statistics) page, select that page and click Capture the Current Page again. Repeat this step for all the pages you need to include.
- Click Generate Report to create the PDF document with the selected pages.