WSO2 Column Store Service is based on the multi-tenanted Apache Cassandra. It offers highly-scalable, next-generation, distributed database management functionality, through the following feature in the WSO2 feature repository:
Name: WSO2 Carbon - Cassandra Feature
Features can be installed or removed from the WSO2 Storage Server by following the instructions given in Installing Features.
Before you start:
- Get an understanding of Cassandra/NoSQL concepts and terminology by going through the Apache Cassandra Glossary: http://io.typepad.com/glossary.html.
- Get familiar with the basics of Cassandra, including the prerequisites for using Cassandra, by going through the following: https://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/GettingStarted.
- Get familiar with using the Cassandra CLI, by going through the following: http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CassandraCli.
- Also, note that Cassandra requires the most stable version of Java 7 or 8 you can deploy; preferably the Oracle/Sun JVM.
See the following topics:
- Configuring Cassandra Environmets
- Enabling Permissions for Cassandra
- Creating Keyspaces
- Creating Column Families
- Explore Cassandra Cluster
- Cassandra CLI/CQL Commands
- Monitor Cassandra Cluster
See here for information on how to cluster Cassandra.