Note that monitoring RSS statistics using the BAM toolbox is only available for MySQL and Postgre type databases.
Follow the instructions given below.
Enabling RSS statistics publisher in SS
- Stop Storage Server if it is already started.
- To start the RSS statistics publisher, open the rss-monitor-config.xml file in the <
SS_HOME>/repository/conf/etc/directory and set the
- Give the cron expression using
<cronExpression>to schedule the publisher.
- Provide BAM admin credentials.
Start the Storage Server.
Setting up the BAM tool box
- Stop the BAM server if it is already started.
<BAM_HOME/repository/conf/datasources/directory and add the
WSO2SS_STAT_DATASOURCEdata source as shown below. This datasource connects to the default H2 database in BAM. Therefore, the summarized RSS information published to BAM from SS will be stored in this database.
maser-datasources.xmlfile, consists of the datasource connection to the default, internal database (H2) that is shipped with every WSO2 product. This database maybe replaced as explained in the Working with Databases section. Thereby, the datasource information in the
master-datasources.xmlfile should be changed accordingly.
Start the BAM server to install the toolbox.
Port offset may need to be changed. Open the
carbon.xmlfile from the <BAM
_HOME>/repository/conf/folder and change the
<offset>0</offset>to an appropriate value.
- Go to the Main menu in the navigator and click Add in the BAM Toolbox menu.
- You can now add the RSS statistics monitoring tool box (rss_stat_monitoring_toolbox.tbox), which is stored in the
<SS_HOME>/resources/bam-toolboxesfolder as a custom toolbox. Use the ToolBox from File System option as shown below.
- Click Install. The toolbox will now be added to BAM.
Viewing RSS statistics in BAM
- In BAM, go to the Dashboard sub menu under the Main navigator menu.
- Log in to the dashboard to view the statistics: