The "System Logs" page displays all events of a running Carbon instance. Further, it facilitates downloading and viewing log files according to user preferences. The log files can be retrieved in two ways:
- If syslog-ng is configured, log files are taken from the remote location where the log files are hosted using syslog-ng server.
- If syslog-ng is not configured, log files are taken from the local file system (super-tenant or Stand-alone apps).
You can refer to more information about logs and how to set log properties in section Logging. Statistics on system logs are provided by the following feature:
Name: WSO2 Carbon - Logging Management Feature
If it is not bundled in your product by default, you can install the above feature using the instructions given in section Feature Management.
Follow the instructions below to access statistics on System Logs.
- Log on to the product's management console and select "Monitor -> System Logs."
The "System Logs" page appears. This page displays logs in a bottom-up manner.
The log messages displayed on this page are obtained from a memory appender. Hence, the severity (log level) of the displayed log messages are equal to or higher than the threshold of the memory appender. For more information on appenders, loggers, their log levels and logging, refer to http://logging.apache.org/log4j
- To view old archived logs, click the "Show archived logs" tab at the bottom of the "System Logs" page. The "Download" link can be used to download the "wso2carbon.log" file at location <PRODUCT_HOME>/repository/logs.
- In the "View" list, select the category of logs you want to view. The available categories are:
- TRACE - Trace messages.
- DEBUG - Debug messages.
- INFO - Information messages.
- WARN - Warning messages.
- ERROR - Error messages.
- FATAL - Fatal error messages.
You can also find a certain log using the search function. Enter a keyword (or part of a keyword) and click "Search."
The location of the log files on disk is specified in the log4j.configuration file.