|Create Services Implemented with Rules|
- Rule engine working memory can be associated with various lifetimes including request, session or global.
- Single rule set across all service operations allows working memory state sharing across business rule invocations.
- Extension context for selectively publishing events from any rule set to WSO2 Business Activity Monitor.
|Integration Ready Rule Services|
- Support for standard, interoperable protocols including WS-*, REST and JSON.
- Services can be exposed over various transports including HTTP(S), JMS and SMTP.
- Secure rule services in multiple approaches including HTTP Basic Auth, WS-Security, OpenID and OAuth.
|Rule Repository for Management and Governance|
- Central storage and management of rules (via WSO2 Governance Registry)
- Lifecycle management, versioning and full governance (via WSO2 Governance Registry)
- Integrate user role into rule execution and/or rule selection
|Pluggable Rule Engine Support|
- Any JSR 94 API compliant rule engine.
- Built in support for Drools rule engine.
- Support for both decision tables and rule sets.
|Rule Execution Capability for Workflow Systems|
- Any workflow system can invoke rule services as an activity via HTTP, REST or Web services.
- WSO2 Business Process Server extension activity for embedded rule execution in a workflow.
|Rule Execution Capability for WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus|
- Rule mediator for message, service or API mediation.
- Content based decision making.
- Rule based content editing.
- SLA management.
|High Performance, High Availability, Scalability and Stability|
- Supports highly available deployment.
- Horizontal scaling via clustering with stateless server architecture for session scoped rule services.
- Long term execution stability with low resource utilization.
|Lightweight, Developer-Friendly and Easy-to-Deploy|
- Use of widely used Drools rule language for developer familiarity.
- Easy to debug services with tools for message tracing and interactive testing with TryIt capabilities.
- Automatic generation of WSDLs for services and service stubs.
- Server customization via feature provisioning of any WSO2 middleware capability.
- Choice of deployment to on-premise servers, private cloud or public cloud (WSO2 StratosLive Business Rules as a Service).
- Integrated with SVN, Maven, Ant and other standard tools for development and deployment.
- Integrated to WSO2 Developer Studio, Eclipse-based IDE for all WSO2 products.
|Manage and Monitor|
- Comprehensive management and monitoring Web console with enterprise-level security.
- Built-in collection and monitoring of standard access and performance statistics.
- JMX MBeans for key metrics monitoring and management.
- Integrates with WSO2 Business Activity Monitor for operational audit and KPI monitoring and management.
- Flexible logging support with integration to enterprise logging systems.
- Centralized configuration management across different environments with lifecycles and versioning via integration to WSO2 Governance Registry.