- Log in to the App Factory portal, and create a new application by clicking Add New Application. Select the application's type as Web application and repository type as Git.
Check out the application's source code using the Git clone command. You can find the URL of the repository on the Repos & Builds tab of the portal.
Next, go to the Team tab in the portal and invite 3 members to your team as a Developer, a QA and a DevOps.
Log in to the portal as a developer and click the Resource tab. Create an endpoint with the following information:
- Property Name : TimeZoneEndpoint
- Type : Endpoint
- Property Value : http://json-time.appspot.com/time.json?tz=US/Alaska
- Next, promote the application to Testing. You can do this by selecting Lifecycle Management tab in the App Factory portal and clicking Promote.
- The application is now in Testing stage. You can reuse the endpoint created earlier in Testing stage as well. To do this, click on the name of the endpoint, select the Stage as Testing and provide the new value (e.g., ) as follows:
- Similarly, promote the application to Staging, log in as a DevOps person and change the endpoint to refer to another value (e.g., http://json-time.appspot.com/time.json?tz=US/Central) in Staging environment.
- Create a branch of the application, deploy and test it using the controls in Repos & Builds tab of the portal. Note how the application displays different times for particular resource endpoints depending on the lifecycle stage of the application.