If you want to use App Factory via Developer Studio, and you install Developer Studio via the P2 zip file, the Online P2 Repository, or the Eclipse Market Place instead of the complete installation distribution, you need to update your Egit plugin before you use the AppFactory tooling feature. To update your Egit plugin, go to http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates/ via Eclipse.
Go to http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/wso2-developer-studio, drag the Install icon to your Eclipse workbench window, and then accept all the defaults in the wizard to install Developer Studio.
To start Eclipse on a Mac for the first time, open a terminal and execute the following commands:
Thereafter, Eclipse can be started by double-clicking the Eclipse icon in
- Start Eclipse, click Help -> Install New Software, and then click Add. The Add Repository dialog box appears.
developer-studiofor the name, and then do one of the following:
- If you downloaded Developer Studio, click Archive and specify the downloaded archive's location.
- If you did not download Developer Studio and want to install it directly from the web, type the following path as the location:
- Click OK.
Developer Studio appears in the list.
- Click the check box next to WSO2 Developer Studio, and click Next.
- Review the items to be installed and click Next.
- Accept the license agreement and click Finish.
- If a security warning appears during installation, click OK, select the Eclipse and Developer Studio certificates, and click OK again.
- When prompted, restart Eclipse.