- Create a new database for AS 5.3.0 and restore the backup of the old database in this new database.
- To connect AS 5.3.0 to the upgraded database, configure the following files:
<AS_HOME_5.3.0>/repository/conf/datasources/masterdatasources.xmlfile as shown in the following example:
<datasource> user manager</description> <name>WSO2_CARBON_DB</name> <description>The datasource used for registry and <jndiConfig> <name>jdbc/WSO2CarbonDB</name> </jndiConfig> <definition type="RDBMS"> <configuration> <url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/<new_database></url> <username>username</username> <password>password</password> <driverClassName>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driverClassName> <maxActive>80</maxActive> <maxWait>60000</maxWait> <minIdle>5</minIdle> <testOnBorrow>true</testOnBorrow> <validationQuery>SELECT 1</validationQuery> <validationInterval>30000</validationInterval> </configuration> </definition> </datasource>
Go to the
<AS _HOME_5.3.0>/repository/conf/directory and update the datasource references in the
registry.xmlfiles to match the updated configurations in the
masterdatasources.xmlfile. The following are sample configurations if the datasource is “jdbc/WSO2CarbonDB”:
<dbConfig name="wso2registry"> <dataSource>jdbc/WSO2CarbonDB</dataSource> </dbConfig>
<UserManager> <Realm> <Configuration> ... <Property name="dataSource">jdbc/WSO2CarbonDB</Property> </Configuration> ... </Realm> </UserManager>
- The configurations for SaaS web applications has changed in AS 5.3.0. In previous releases, SaaS configurations were enabled in the
web.xmlfile of web application by adding a context-param called
carbon.enable.saas. In AS 5.3.0, SaaS is configured via the
context.xmlfile that needs to be placed under the
META-INF/folder of the web application. See the more details about configuring SaaS applications in AS 5.3.0.
- KeyStore configuration in
Prior to AS 5.2.1 has been converged into
3.0, the primary keystore configured in the. But users wanted to configure different keystore for SSL communication, and so on. Hence, in
file was used for securing transports. In AS 5.3.0,users
the keystore used for transports should be separatelyconfigure
configured in thetransport keystores through
The “RegistryKeyStore” configuration
This is not really there in the AS 5.2.1, but was added later in a patch. This has been reverted in AS 5.3.0.
See the section on configuring keystores for more information.
- Check for any other configurations that were done for AS 5.2.1 .0 (based on your solutions), and update the configuration files in AS 5.23.1 0 accordingly. For example, external user stores, caching, mounting, etc.
Migrating third party libraries
If there are any third party libraries used with AS 5.2.1 that you want to migrate, copy them to the following following directories as applicable to in AS 5.3.0 as applicable.
- If you have used JDBC drivers etc, copy them into to the
- If you have used OSGi bundles such as SVNKit etc, copy them into to the
Migrating the services and artifacts
You can migrate all artifacts relevant to the super - tenant and as well as the ordinary tenants by copying the following directories from the old server to the new server.
To migrate the super - tenant’s artifacts, copy the
<AS_HOME>/repository/deployment/server/directory from AS 5.2.1 to AS 5.3.0.
If you are using multi-tenancymultitenancy, copy the
<AS_HOME>/repository/tenants/ directory directory from AS 5.2.1 to AS 5.3.0.
Since the Axis2 Quality of Services UI to apply policies such security has been removed from the management console, users need to use alternative mechanisms and apply the policies for their services. For Axis2 AAR services, the policies can be applied through the services.xml. Refer <link to page on how to apply QoS configuration if any> for more details.
To In AS 5.3.0, it is not possible to globally engage modules , users using the management console. Therefore, you need to use update the
axis2.xmlthat can be found at AS_HOME file in the
<AS_HOME>/repository/conf/axis2directory . Refer the following sample:as shown below. You can find more information on engaging modules for axis2 services from here.
The UI to globally engage a module is no longer available.
<axisconfig name="AxisJava2.0"> <module ref=”addressing”/> .... </axisconfig>
Testing the upgrade
- When the database upgrade scripts are executed, the following are some of the new tables that will be created in the database:
- Verify that all the required scenarios are working as expected. This confirms that the upgrade is successful.