Follow the steps below to run the WSO2 Enterprise Integrator (EI) server via WSO2 Integration Studio.
- Be sure that you have installed Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK) version 1.8.* and set the
- Open WSO2 Integration Studio and click Miscellaneous → Add Server in the Getting Started tab as shown below.
- In the New Server dialog that opens, select the required product version:
- Click Next and go to the New WSO2 Carbon 4.4 based server Runtime step.
Click Browse for the CARBON_HOME option and select the
<EI_HOME>directory (parent directory of the product binary distribution).
Warning title Warning!
If you are running on a linux-based system (MacOS, Ubunto, or CentOS), be sure that your WSO2 EI distribution is a binary distribution downloaded from the website. If you use a product distribution that was set up using the product installer, you will require special permissions to start the product through WSO2 Integration Studio.
- Click Next and go to the New WSO2 Carbon 4.4 based Server step. Keep the default ports as shown below:
Click Next and go to the Add and Remove step. If you have created any composite applications (in your instance of WSO2 Integration Studio) that you want to upload to your server, add them. You can also remove any unwanted applications from the server.
If you want to add multiple composite applications at once, select Add All.
- Click Finish. You can view the added server instance in the Servers tab.
- Click the Start icon in the Server tab to start the server: