Prior to installing any WSO2 Carbon-based product, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
- ~ 2 GB minimum
- ~ 512 MB heap size. This is generally sufficient to process typical SOAP messages but the requirements vary with larger message sizes and the number of messages processed concurrently.
- ~ 1 GB, excluding space allocated for log files and databases.
Also, we do not recommend OpenJDK as we do not support it or test our products with it.
Operating Systems / Databases
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is Oracle JDK 1.6.*/1.7.* compliant. JDK 1.8 is not supported yet.
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs.
- It is not recommended to use Apache DS in a production environment due to issues with scalability. Instead, it is recommended to use an LDAP like OpenLDAP for user management.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Environments Tested with WSO2 Products.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product in a specific platform or database, please contact us.
The following applications are required for running the product and its samples or for building from the source code. Mandatory installations are marked with an asterisk *.
We do not recommend OpenJDK as we do not support it or test our products with it.
Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
1.6.24 or later / 1.7.*
- If you are using JDK 1.6, you might need to install Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy files to avoid "illegal key size" errors when you try to invoke a secured web service.
- If you want to build the product from the source distribution, you must use JDK 1.6 instead of JDK 1.7.
- Oracle and IBM JRE 1.7 are also supported when running (not building) WSO2 products.
You are now ready to install WSO2 AS. Click one of the following links for instructions: