- Select an API in the store. You can use the search facility to search for a particular API or Tags to quickly jump to an API category of your choice.
- After selecting an API, click on it to view its details. You can read the API's overview/documentation to get an idea of the functionality it provides. It is also possible for users to , or rate and comment on the API so you a and get live update of the community's engagements on it.
- To subscribe to an API from your application, select your application from the Applications drop-down list and a tier and click the Subscribe button.
Application-level throttling tiers
- If the subscription is successful, a message appears. If you chose to view your current subscriptions, you are navigated to the My Subscriptions window. You have now successfully subscribed to an API.
- Go back to the App Factory portal, click the Resources tab from the left panel and then click the APIs tab. It shows the API you just subscribed to along with keys to invoke the API automatically generated from the system. For example,
You must pass the API keys in the incoming API requests when invoking an API. The API key (generated Access Token) is a simple string, which must be passed as an HTTP header. For example: "Authorization: Bearer NtBQkXoKElu0H1a1fQ0DWfo6IX4a." It works equally well for SOAP and REST calls.
API keys are generated at the application-level and valid for all APIs which are associated to an application. The OAuth2 standard is leveraged to provide a simple, easy-to -use key management mechanism.