Follow the instructions below to add a user role.
- On the Configure tab in the management console, click Users and Roles.
- Click Roles. This link is only visible to users with the Admin role.
- Click Add New Role.
- Do the following:
- In the Domain list, specify the user store where you want to create this role.
- Enter a unique name for this role.
- Click Next.
- Select the permissions you want users with this role to have. Note that when you assign this role to a user, you can override the role's permissions and customize them for the user.
- Select the existing users you want to have this role. You can also assign this role to users later, but if you are creating this role in an external user store that does not allow empty roles, you must assign it to at least one user. You can search for a user by name, or view all users by entering
*in the search field.
- Click Finish.
Editing or deleting a role
If you need to make modifications to a role, select the domain (user store) where the role resides, and then use the links in the Actions column on the Roles screen as follows:
- Rename the role
- Change the default permissions associated with this role
- Assign this role to users
- View the users who are assigned this role
- Delete the role if you no longer need it