There may be some instances where it's impossible to run the service without engaging the WS-Security module into the service. Engaging a module is just a matter of adding a module tag into the
services XML. If the module is available, then the engaging will take place, else it will be a faulty service.
Follow the instructions below to engage a module into a service group (see also Module Engagement for Service).
1. In the "Actions" panel, select "Modules."
2. Choose a module to add. The WSO2 Carbon provides the following modules, which you can engage into your service group:
- rampart-1.61-wso2v1wso2v14 - Provides the
WS-SecureConversationfunctionalities for Axis2, based on
- sandesha1-3.20relay-188.8.131.52 - Unwraps the binary messages coming from the Message Relay for Admin Services.
- rahas-1.61-wso2v1wso2v14 - Is used to STS enable a service, where it adds the
RequestSecurityTokenoperation to a service that the module is engaged to.relay-3.20 - Unwraps the binary messages coming from the Message Relay for Admin Services.
3. Click on the "Engage" button to add a module to the list.
See more information about modules in Working with Modules.