- Create a new database for AS 5.3.0 and restore the backup of the old database in this new database.
- To connect AS 5.3.0 to the upgraded database, configure the following files:
<AS_HOME_5.3.0>/repository/conf/datasources/masterdatasources.xmlfile as shown in the following example:
<datasource> user manager</description> <name>WSO2_CARBON_DB</name> <description>The datasource used for registry and <jndiConfig> <name>jdbc/WSO2CarbonDB</name> </jndiConfig> <definition type="RDBMS"> <configuration> <url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/<new_database></url> <username>username</username> <password>password</password> <driverClassName>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driverClassName> <maxActive>80</maxActive> <maxWait>60000</maxWait> <minIdle>5</minIdle> <testOnBorrow>true</testOnBorrow> <validationQuery>SELECT 1</validationQuery> <validationInterval>30000</validationInterval> </configuration> </definition> </datasource>
Go to the
<AS _HOME_5.3.0>/repository/conf/directory and update the datasource references in the
registry.xmlfiles to match the updated configurations in the
masterdatasources.xmlfile. The following are sample configurations if the datasource is “jdbc/WSO2CarbonDB”:
<dbConfig name="wso2registry"> <dataSource>jdbc/WSO2CarbonDB</dataSource> </dbConfig>
<UserManager> <Realm> <Configuration> ... <Property name="dataSource">jdbc/WSO2CarbonDB</Property> </Configuration> ... </Realm> </UserManager>
- Data services feature is no longer shipped with WSO2 Application Server. If you need to use the data services hosting feature, you have two options:
Use the WSO2 Data Services Server product which can be downloaded from http://wso2.com/products/data-services-server/. See the About this Release page to check if the latest WSO2 DSS is compatible with the current AS version.
- The configurations for SaaS web applications has changed in AS 5.3.0. In previous releases, SaaS configurations were enabled in the
web.xmlfile of the web application by adding a context-param called
carbon.enable.saas. In AS 5.3.0, SaaS is configured via the
context.xmlfile that needs to be placed under the
META-INF/folder of the web application. See more details about configuring SaaS applications in AS 5.3.0 from here.
Prior to AS 5.3.0, the primary keystore configured in the
carbon.xmlfile was used for securing transports. In AS 5.3.0, the keystore used for transports should be separately configured in the
The “RegistryKeyStore” configuration in
carbon.xmlis removed. See the section on configuring keystores for more information.
- Check for any other configurations that were done for AS 5.2.1 (based on your solutions), and update the configuration files in AS 5.3.0 accordingly. For example, external user stores, caching, mounting, etc.