- Click Run in the top menu of the WSO2 EI Tooling Plugin, and then click Debug Configurations.
- Double click EI Mediation Debugger as shown below.
- Enter the details to create a new configuration as shown in the example below. You need to define two port numbers and a hostname t o connect the EI server with the WSO2 EI Tooling Plugin in the mediation debug mode.
- Execute the following command commands to start WSO2 EI server in the debug mode by passing a system variable at start up:
- On Windows:
<EI_HOME>\bin\integrator.bat --run -Desb.debug=true
- On Linux/Solaris:
- On Windows:
Click Debug in the WSO2 EI Tooling Plugin when the WSO2 EI Console indicates the following.
You have approximately a one-minute time span to connect the WSO2 EI Tooling Plugin with the EI server for the execution of the above created debug configuration. Otherwise, the EI server will stop listening and start without connecting with the debugger tool.
In the WSO2 EI Tooling Plugin, right click and add breakpoints or skip points on the desired mediators to start debugging as shown in the example below.
You can add the following debugging options on the mediators using the right click context menu.
- Toggle Breakpoint: Adds a breakpoint to the selected mediator
- Toggle Skip Point: Adds a skip point to the selected mediator
- Resend EI Debug Points: If you re-start the EI server, or if you re-deploy the proxy service after changing its Synapse configuration, you need to re-send the information on breakpoints to the WSO2 EI server. This re-sends all registered debugging points to the EI Server.
- Delete All EI Debug Points: Deletes all registered debug points from the EI Server and the WSO2 EI Tooling Plugin