Prior to installing any WSO2 Carbon-based product, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the a supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
- ~ 8 GB minimum is recommended.
In a stand-alone deployment, a bout about 6GB of memory is allocated to the Carbon JVM and Spark. The balance is used by the operating system.
In a distributed deployment, Spark is run in a seperate separate JVM. It is recommended to allocate 4GB of memory for Carbon JVM and 2GB for Spark.
- ~ 4 GB heap size.
- ~ 10 GB minimum (excluding space allocated for log files and databases.) The disk space required depends on the amount of index data that needs to be stored.
- A minimum of 4 CPU cores are is recommended. A lower number may affect performance.
Operating Systems / Databases
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is Oracle JDK 1.7.*/1.8* or OpenJDK compliant.
A ll Ll WSO2 products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. For more information, see Working with Databases .
It is not recommended to use Apache DS in a production environment due to issues with scalability. Instead, it is recommended to use an LDAP like OpenLDAP for user management.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Compatibility of WSO2 Products .
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product in a specific platform or database, please contact us .
Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
To launch WSO2 DAS, you need to have JDK 1.7.*/1.8.*. You cannot launch WSO2 DAS with JDK 1.6.* or lower.
1.7 or later / 1.8.*
Some updates of JDK 1.8 (for example, JDK1.8.0_151) are affected by a known issue related to GZIP decoding. Until this issue is fixed, we recommend one of the following approaches:
- Use either JDK1.8.0_144 or JDK1.8.0_077 updates. We have verified that these versions are not affected by the known issue.
- Alternatively, you can disable GZIP decoding for your product by following the steps given below. This will ensure that your product is not affected by the known issue.
- Open the
catalina-server.xml file from the
compression parameter (under each of the connector configurations) to false as shown below:
- Restart the server.
|JDBC-compliant Connector for Java||Required as a standardized database driver for Java platforms and development.||1.7.0 or later||MySQL Connectors|
|To compile and run the product samples .|
1.7.0 or later
Required to check out the source from the Git repository.
|1.9.0 or later|
To build the product from the source distribution (both JDK and Apache Maven are required).
If you are installing by downloading and extracting the binary distribution instead of building from the source code, you do not need to install Maven.
WSO2 DAS does not support Internet Explorer 10 and older versions.