Prior to installing any WSO2 Carbon-based product, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
- ~ 2 GB minimum
- ~ 512 MB heap size. This is generally sufficient to process typical SOAP messages but the requirements vary with larger message sizes and the number of messages processed concurrently.
- ~ 1 GB, excluding space allocated for log files and databases.
Operating Systems / Databases
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is Oracle JDK 7/8 compliant. Also, we do not recommend OpenJDK as we do not support it or test our products with it.
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. For more information, see Working with Databases.
- It is not recommended to use Apache DS in a production environment due to issues with scalability. Instead, it is recommended to use an LDAP like OpenLDAP for user management.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Compatibility of WSO2 Products.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product in a specific platform or database, please contact us.
The following applications are required for running the product and its samples or for building from the source code. Mandatory installations are marked with an asterisk *.
Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
JDK 7 or 8.
Do not use JDK1.8.0_151 due to a known issue. This issue is fixed in JDK 1.8.0_162-ea. However, use JDK 1.8.0_144 until the latter mentioned version is released.
- Oracle and IBM JRE 1.7 are also supported when running (not building) WSO2 products.
- We do not recommend OpenJDK as we do not support it or test our products with it.
- To enable the product's JMS transport and try out JMS samples if any. The ActiveMQ client libraries must be installed in the product's classpath before you can enable the JMS transport.
5.5.0 or later
If you use any other JMS provider (e.g. Apache Qpid), install any necessary libraries and/or components.
You are now ready to install WSO2 AS. Click one of the following links for instructions: