To know more about the mobile application life cycle, see lifecycle, see the WSO2 IoT Server documentation on Mobile Application Lifecycle Management.
Trying out Android device operations
- Access the WSO2 EMM's device management console using alex as the username and alexuser as the password that was sent via email.
- Click View under DEVICES.
Click on the registered device.
Alex tries out the various device operations via the WSO2 EMM console.
Alex misplaces the mobile device, so Alex clicks Ring to ring the device and find out if the device is lying around the workspace.
Alex then remembers that the phone was unlocked, so Alex uses the Device Lock operation to lock the device so that the content in the device will be safe.
Using the Location operations Alex finds out that device is in Chris's office. Alex calls Chris and asks Chris to call back from the device.
- To make sure Chris can call using the device, Alex removes the device lock (password) using the Clear Password operation.
For more information on the available features, try out the Android operations.
Installing an application on the Android device
Before installing the application on the device, make sure that the
If you want to install applications using HTTPS, you need to Generating a BKS File for Android. For more information, see the WSO2 IoT Server documentation.
Let's take a look at how Alex installs this application on the device.
Navigate to the App Store using the following URL:
Sign in using alex and alexuser as the username and password.
Click the WSO2Con-Android mobile application, and click Install.
You can install the application on many devices in one go too, which is know and enterprise install. By default, only the administrator can enterprise install applications. For more information on enabling the enterprise subscription for other user roles, see the WSO2 IoT Server documentation on Enabling Enterprise Subscriptions for Mobile Apps.
- Select Instant install, and click Yes.
- Click on your device in the pop-up menu to install and subscribe to the application.
A success message will be shown when you have successfully subscribed to the application.
- Tap Install on your device to finish installing the application.
Now you can use start using the application.
- Create a policy and see how it's applied on to the device. For more information, see Adding a Mobile Device Management Policy.
- Add your enrolled device or devices to a group. Grouping allows you to monitor and view device data of many devices in one go. For more information, see Grouping Devices.
- Rename your enrolled device so it will be easy for you to find your device. For more information, see Renaming a Device.
- Try out more and advanced scenarios with your Android device. For more information, see the WSO2 IoT Server documentation on working with Android.