- Create a new BPMN project named OrderApprovalBPMN. For instructions, see Creating a BPMN Project.
Create a BPMN Diagram named OrderApproval.bpmn. For instructions, see Creating the BPMN Diagram.
- Click anywhere on the canvas, go to the Properties tab, and fill in the following details:
Order Approval Process
- To implement the order approval process, drag and drop a StartEvent element, two UserTask elements, a MailTask element and a End Event element on the canvas.
- For each artifact, in the Properties tab, select General and enter the corresponding names as Fill Order Form, Approve Order and Order Product as shown below.
According to the business logic in this example, the Start Event should trigger the Fill Order Form User Task. Therefore, in the Connection tab, select Sequence Flow, and connect the Start Event to the Fill Order Form User Task.
Hover your mouse over the Fill Order Form task and click on the Exclusive Gateway icon.
The diamond shape with a cross in the middle implies an Exclusive Gateway. This is used to add the condition logic statements. The condition statement should implement the logic that if the total cost calculated from the quantity and unit price is above 100,000 a user task has to be executed. Else, the mail task has to be executed.
- Use the Sequence Flow to connect the other artifacts as shown below.