What is new in this release
The WSO2 API Manager version 2.56.0 is the successor of version 2.25.0. It contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Support for decentralized Gateway capabilities via the WSO2 API Microgateway, a simplified lightweight version of the API Gateway that allows a specific set of APIs to run in isolation on a Microgateway. For more information on the Microgateway, when and how to use it, and how to troubleshoot it, see the relevant sections under Working with the API Microgateway.
- Ability to add a set of custom attributes when creating an application in the API Store.
- Ability to optimize an API-M profile while starting the API Manager server.
- Ability to use REST APIs to retrieve APIs by Microgateway. WSO2 API-M Analytics based on WSO2 Stream Processor.
WSO2 API-M Analytics is not powered by WSO2 Stream Processor 4.3.0 instead of WSO2 Data Analytics Server.
- Support to download the Micorogateway analytics report.
- Support for alert threshold configurations via the WSO2 API Manager Publisher and the store.
What has changed in this release
Removed features and functionalities
No features/functionality have been removed in this release.
Deprecated features and functionalities
This release includes the following features/functionalities that were deprecated, which may be removed in a future release. To view previously deprecated features, see the About this Release page of the previous version.
Analyzing Logs with the Log Analyzer is deprecated from this release onwards and is disabled by default.
Compatible WSO2 product versions
WSO2 API-M 2.56.0 is based on WSO2 Carbon 4.4.32 and is expected to be compatible with any of the WSO2 products that are based on any Carbon 4.4.x version, except when using WSO2 Identity Server as a Key Manager, you need to specifically use WSO2 Identity Server 5.67.0 when working with WSO2 API-M 2.56.0. If you get any compatibility issues, please contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with API-M 2.56.0, see Installation Prerequisites. For more information on the products in each Carbon platform release, see the Release Matrix.
For a list of fixed issues, see WSO2 API Manager 2.56.0 - Fixed Issues in Github.
For a list of known issues, see WSO2 API Manager 2.56.0 - Known Issues in Github.