In order to install WSO2 products from both binary and source distributions, it is necessary to install Java Development Kit (JDK) first. This page contains instructions for installing the JDK for Windows.
Also refer to the Installation Prerequisites page for the list of all applications necessary to install and work with the product, and links to them.
Check if JDK is Already Installed
If you are not sure whether you have JDK installed, please confirm it by doing the following:
Follow the instructions below to install Java Development Kit.
1. Open a Web browser and access the following URL:
2. The link opens Oracle Java download page.
3. From the "Java platfrom (JDK)" versions available, select the latest version that is compatible with WSO2 products platform. (The latest compatible version at the moment is JDK 6).
4. It is necessary to read and accept the license agreement for downloading JDK.
5. Choose the JDK installation pack for Microsoft Windows compatible with your system.
For example, jdk-6u25-windows-i586.exe
6. Save the file.
1. Once downloading is complete, launch the downloaded .exe file.
2. If a warning message is displayed, click "OK" to execute the file.
3. Another security warning on potential risks of running an .exe file may be displayed. Click "Run".
4. Installation Wizard window opens. Click the "Next" button.
5. The next window shows optional features to select while installing the program. It also allows to chang the installation directory, in case the user wants to install JDK to a special location. Unless user has a requirement to use these optional features, it is recommended to leave them as default.
Click the "Next" button.
6. The installation process starts.
7. The user will be asked to chose the destination folder. Provide the destination location or use the default value and click the "Next" button.
8. Once the installation is complete, a notification is displayed mentioning that JDK is successfully installed. Click "Finish" to finalize the installation.
JAVA_HOME Variable Set-up Needed
Refer to Installing on Windows for instructions on setting the JAVA_HOME.
Instructions to install Java Development Kit on Windows.