- The concept of single user store which is either external or internal.
- Ability to operate in read-only/read-write mode on your company's LDAP user stores.
- Ability to work with Active Directory Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) in read write mode.
- Supports any custom realm.
- Roles can contain users from external user stores.
- Improved configuration capability for external user stores.
- Capability to read roles from LDAP/Active Directory user stores.
- Implements management permission of the carbon console.
The user core is driven by the user-mgt.xml file found in:
PRODUCT_HOME/repository/conf folder directory.
Information on users, roles and permission in user management.