Prior to installing any WSO2 Carbon-based product, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
- ~ 2 GB minimum
- ~ 512 MB heap size. This is generally sufficient to process typical SOAP messages but the requirements vary with larger message sizes and the number of messages processed concurrently.
- ~ 180 MB, excluding space allocated for log files and databases.
Operating Systems / Databases
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is JDK 1.6.*/1.7.* or OpenJDK compliant.
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Environments Tested with WSO2 Products.
The following applications are required for running the BRS and its samples or for building from the source code. Mandatory installs are marked with *.
We do not recommend OpenJDK.
Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
- To launch the product as each product is a Java application.
1.6.24 or later / 1.7.*
- If you are using JDK 1.6, you might need to replace the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) policy files in your JDK with the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy files. This will avoid "illegal key size" errors when you try to invoke a secured web service.
- If you want to build the product from the source distribution, you must use JDK 1.6 instead of JDK 1.7.
- Oracle and IBM JRE 1.7 are also supported when running (not building) WSO2 products.
You are now ready to install WSO2 ESB. Click one of the following links for instructions: