Follow the steps below to create users and assign them to roles that you created in section User Roles in API Manager.
- Log on to the Management Console and select Users and Roles from the Configure menu .
Click on the Users link in the User Management window that opens.
Info icon false
The Users link is only visible to users with administrator permission. It is used to add new user accounts and modify or delete existing accounts. The
adminuser has administrator privileges.
- Click on the Add New User link.
- The Add User window opens. Provide the user name and password and click Next.
- Select the roles you want to assign to the user. In this example, we assign the user the
creatorrole defined in section User Roles in API Manager.
- Click Finish to complete. The new use appears in the Users list.
From here, you can change the user's password, assign different roles or delete it. Since the apicreator user is assigned the creator role, it now has permission to create and manage APIs through the API Manager. Similarly, you can create users and assign them the publisher and subscriber roles.
You cannot change the user name of an existing user.