- Click the Main tab in the Management Console.
- Under Manage -> Service Bus, click Sequences.
- In the Mediation Sequences dialog, click Add Sequence.
- In the Design Sequence dialog, enter a unique name for this sequence.
- Optionally, add the "On Error" sequence. You can select it from "Configuration Registry" or "Governance Registry."
For more information, see in Working with the Registry.
- Click Add Child to add the first mediator to your sequence tree.
For more information on mediators, see Mediators.
- Click a mediator to edit its properties under the sequence tree, or if you are familiar with the Synapse configuration language and want to edit the XML directly, click Switch to source view.
Continue adding mediators as children at the root level or as children/siblings of an existing mediator.
For more information, see Adding a Mediator to a Sequence, Editing a Mediator, Adding a Child to Mediator, and Deleting a Mediator. You can add siblings to all mediators, while you can add a child only to some mediators (called "nodes").
Place the added mediators in the necessary order. To move a mediator up or down, select it and then click on the arrow icon displayed in the node menu.
For more information, see Editing a Mediation Sequence.
Optionally, click Sequence Description and add a description of this sequence.
Click Save to save the sequence as a Defined sequence in the Synapse configuration (default path is
/repository/synapse/sequences), or click Save As to save the sequence as a Dynamic sequence in the registry. The sequence will appear on the appropriate tab in the Mediation Sequences dialog.
For more information, see Working with the Registry.