|Table of Contents|
This sample shows a full registry-based ESB configuration which is useful in starting a remote configuration from multiple ESB instances in a clustered environment. The Synapse configuration held on a node hosting the ESB simply points to the registry and looks up the actual configuration by requesting the key
Full registry-based configuration is not dynamic at least for the moment; it is not reloading itself.
For a list of prerequisites, see the Prerequisites section in ESB Samples Setup.
Building the Sample
1. Start the ESB with sample 11 configuration using the instructions given in Starting Sample ESB Configurations.
2. A message should appear in the command or text Linux console stating the server started successfully.
3. The synapse configuration in the ESB used for message mediation in this sample is provided in
synapse_sample_11.xml as shown below:
<definitions xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse"> <registry provider="org.wso2.carbon.mediation.registry.ESBRegistry"> <parameter name="root">file:./repository/samples/resources/</parameter> <parameter name="cachableDuration">15000</parameter> </registry> </definitions>
4. Deploy the back-end service 'SimpleStockQuoteService' and start the Axis2 server using the instructions given in section Starting Sample Back-End Services.
5. Now you have a running ESB instance and a back-end service deployed. In the next section, we will send a message to the back-end service through the ESB using a sample client.
Executing the Sample
The sample client used here is 'Stock Quote Client' which can operate in multiple modes. For instructions on this sample client and its operation modes, refer to Stock Quote Client.
1. Run the following ant command from
ant stockquote -Daddurl=http://localhost:9000/services/SimpleStockQuoteService -Dtrpurl=http://localhost:8280/
2. The following log message will be displayed.
[HttpServerWorker-1] INFO LogMediator - message = This is a dynamic Synapse configuration
synapse.xml loaded is:
<!-- a registry based Synapse configuration --> <definitions xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse"> <log level="custom"> <property name="message" value="This is a dynamic Synapse configuration $$$"/> </log> <send/> </definitions>
Example of message mediation in WSO2 ESB.