- For a list of general prerequisites, see Prerequisites to Start the ESB Samples.
- To configure the ESB to use the FIX transport, see Configure the ESB to use the FIX transport.
- You will need the two sample FIX applications (Banzai and Executor) that are provided with Quickfix/J. Configure the two applications to establish sessions with the ESB.
Add the following lines line to the
Info title Note
FIX40-synapse.xmlfile can be found in the
<ESB_HOME>/repository/samples/resources/fixdirectory. This is a custom FIX data dictionary file that adds the tag 150 and 151 to the execution message(35=8) of FIX4.0. Make sure the
DataDictionaryproperty in the
banzai.cfgfile points to this data dictionary file.
Add the following lines to
executor.cfg, which is the Executor configuration file:
[session] BeginString=FIX.4.1 SocketAcceptPort=19877
- Start Banzai and Executor using the custom configuration files.
- You need to use two custom configuration files for the ESB in this sample. The two custom configuration files can be found in the <
ESB_HOME>/repository/samples/resources/fixdirectory. The two files are
synapse-sender-m.cfg. You need to point your ESB configuration to these two files (this is already done in the provided
synapse_sample_261.xmlfile) or you should create copies of them and point the ESB configuration to the copies. In either case, make sure that the properties
FileLogPathin the two files point to valid locations in your local file system.
Open the <
ESB_HOME>/repository/samples/synapse_sample_261.xmlfile and make sure that the
transport.fix.AcceptorConfigURLproperty points to the
fix-synapse-m40.cfgfile and the
transport.fix.InitiatorConfigURLproperty points to the
Info title Note
The ESB creates a new FIX session with Banzai at this point.