- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is JDK 1.6.*/1.7.* OpenJDK compliant. JDK 1.8 is not supported yet.
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. The embedded H2 database is suitable for development, testing, and some production environments. For most enterprise production environments, however, we recommend you use an industry-standard RDBMS such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, etc. For more information, see Working with Databases. Additionally, we do not recommend the H2 database as a user store.
- It is not recommended to use Apache DS in a production environment due to scalability issues. Instead, use an LDAP like OpenLDAP for user management.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Compatibility of WSO2 Products. To find out if this version of the product has issues running on your OS due to the JDK version, see Known Incompatibilities.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product in a specific platform or database, .