- Open the ESB management console.
- Click Endpoints under Service Bus in the left navigator to open the Manage Endpoints page.
- Click on the Add Endpoint tab.
- Click on the endpoint type you want to add. Available types are as follows.
- Address Endpoint - Defines the direct URL of the service.
- Default Endpoint - Defines additional configuration for the default target.
- Failover Group - Defines the endpoints that the service will try to connect to in case of a failure. This will take place in a round robin manner.
- HTTP Endpoint - Defines a URI template based REST service endpoint.
- Load Balance Endpoint - Defines groups of endpoints for replicated services. The incoming requests will be directed to these endpoints in a round robin manner. These endpoints automatically handle the fail-over cases as well.
- Recipient List Group - Defines the list of endpoints a message will be routed to.
- Template Endpoint - Allows to create a custom Endpoint template.
- WSDL Endpoint - Defines the WSDL, Service and Port.
Enter the required information for the endpoint depending on the type you selected. Click on the relevant link above to find detailed information on how to configure the endpoint you selected.
Anchor Advanced Advanced
Click Show Advanced Options if you want to configure advanced settings for the endpoint. Available advanced options are as follows.
Suspend Error Codes
This parameter allows you to select one or more error codes from the List of Values. If any of the selected errors is received from the endpoint, the endpoint will be suspended.
Initial Duration (in mili seconds))
The time duration for which the endpoint will be suspended, when one or more suspend error codes are received from it for the first time.
Max Duration (Millis)
The maximum time duration for which the endpoint is suspended when suspend error codes are received from it.
The duration to suspend can vary from the first time suspension to the subsequent time. The factor value decides the suspense duration variance between subsequent suspensions.
On Timeout Error codes
A list of error codes. If these error codes are received from the endpoint, the request will be subjected to a timeout.
The number of re-tries in case of a timeout, caused by the above listed error codes.
Retry Delay(in milliseconds)
The delay between retries in milliseconds.
The action to be done at a timeout situation. You can select from:
- Never Timeout
- Discard Message
- Execute Fault Sequence
Timeout Duration (in milliseconds)
The duration in milliseconds before considering a request to be subjected to a time-out.
Adds WS-Addressing headers to the endpoint.
The listener to the response will be a separate transport stream from the caller.
Adds WS-Security features as described in a policy key (referring to a registry location).
Non Retry Error Codes Retry Error Codes When adding a child endpoint to a failover endpoint or load-balance endpoint, you can specify the error codes that trigger this node to be retried instead of suspended when that error is encountered. This is useful when you know that certain errors are transient and that the node will become available again shortly. Note that if you specify an error code as a Retry code on one node in the group but specify that same code as a Non Retry error code on another node in the group, it will be treated as a Non Retry error code for all nodes in the group.
Click Add Property if you want to add any properties to an endpoint. The page will expand to display the following parameters.
Parameter Name Description Name The name of the endpoint property. Value The value of the endpoint property. Scope The scope of the property. Possible values are as follows.
See XPath Extension Functions for more information about these scopes.
Action This parameter allows you to delete a property.
See Properties Reference for more information on properties that you can add to the endpoint.
- Click Save & Close to save the endpoint in the synapse configuration, or click Save in Registry if you want to save it as a dynamic endpoint in the Registry.