The flow of password recovery by email notification is as follows using the WSDL file (
- First you need to get the captcha using the
- The captcha details returned should be passed along with the visible captcha answer and user name to
verifyUser()which is for user verification.
- Upon successful verification, it will return a code.
- Next, you need to call the
sendRecoveryNotification()method to send the notification along with the code to the user.
- The generated email with the password reset link will be emailed to the user.
- Once the user clicks the reset link, the user should be directed to another captcha page for verification by calling
- The confirmation code must be verified along with the captcha answer by calling
- This will generate another code that must be passed to the
updatePassword()method to update the password.
Tip: You can
see this scenario in action using this sample. Follow the “I forgot my password” link to see the demo.