Creating a Store for your APIs
- Graphical experience similar to Android Marketplace or Apple App Store.
- Browse APIs by provider, tags or name.
- Self-registration to developer community to subscribe to APIs.
- Subscribe to APIs and manage subscriptions on per-application basis.
- Subscriptions can be at different service tiers based on expected usage levels.
- Role based access to API Store; manage public and private APIs.
- Manage subscriptions at a per-developer level.
- Browse API documentation, download helpers for easy consumption.
- Comment on and rate APIs.
- Forum for discussing API usage issues.
- Try APIs directly on the store front.
- Internationalization (i18n) support.
Publishing and Governing API Usage
- Publish APIs to external consumers and partners, as well as internal users.
- Supports publishing multiple protocols including SOAP, REST, JSON and XML style services as APIs.
- Manage API versions and deployment status by version.
- Govern the API lifecycle (publish, deprecate, retire).
- Attach documentation (files, external URLs) to APIs.
- Apply Security policies to APIs (authentication, authorization).
- Associate API available to system defined service tiers.
- Provision and Manage API keys.
- Track consumers per API.
- One-click deployment to API Gateway for immediate publishing.
Routing API Traffic
- Supports API authentication with OAuth2.
- Extremely high performance pass-through message routing with sub-millisecond latency.
- Enforce rate limiting and throttling policies for APIs by consumer.
- Horizontally scalable with easy deployment into cluster using proven routing infrastructure.
- Scales to millions of developers/users.
- Capture all statistics and push to pluggable analytics system.
- Configure API routing policies with capabilities of WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus.
- Powered by WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus.
Managing the Community
- Self-sign up for API consumption.
- Manage user account including password reset.
- Developer interaction with APIs via comments and ratings.
- Support for developer communication via forums (Available soon in future version).
- Powered by WSO2 Identity Server.
|Governing Complete API Lifecycle|
- Manage API lifecycle from cradle to grave: create, publish, block, deprecate and retire.
- Publish both production and sandbox keys for APIs to enable easy developer testing.
- Publish APIs to partner networks such as ProgrammableWeb Programmable Web (Available soon in future version).
- Powered by WSO2 Governance Registry.
Monitoring API Usage and Performance
- All API usage published to pluggable analytics framework.
- Out of the box support for WSO2 Business Activity Monitor and Google Analytics.
- View metrics by user, API and more.
- Customized reporting via plugging reporting engines.
- Monitor SLA compliance.
- Powered by WSO2 Business Activity Monitor.
|Deploying with Ease in Enterprise Settings|
- Role based access control for managing users and their authorization levels.
- Store front can be deployed in DMZ for external access with Publisher inside the firewall for private control.
- Different user stores for developer focused store-front and internal operations in publisher.
- Integrates with enterprise identity systems including LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Gateway can be deployed in DMZ with controlled access to WSO2 Identity Server (for authentication/authorization) and governance database behind firewall.
|Customizing and Extending|
- All components are highly customizable. You can change the styles and themes of the Web interfaces.
- Storefront implemented with Jaggery (jaggeryjs.org) for easy customization.
- Pluggable to third-party analytics systems and billing systems (Available soon in future version).
- Pluggable to existing user stores including via JDBC and LDAP.
- Components usable separately – storefront can be used to front APIs gatewayed via third party gateways such as Intel Expressway Service Gateway.