- Log in to the management console (https://hostname:9443/carbon) using admin/admin credentials.
- Select the Users and Roles menu under the Configure menu.
- Click Add New Role and provide
creatoras the role name.
- Click Next.
- Select the following permissions from the list that opens and click Finish.
- Manage > API > Create
- Manage > Resources > Govern and all underlying permissions
Similarly, create the
publisherrole with the following permissions.
- Manage > API > Publish
- You can now create users for each of those roles. To do so, click the Users and Roles menu under the Configure menu.
- Click Users.
- Click Add New User, provide the username/password and click Next.
Select the role you want to assign to the user (e.g.,
subscriber) and click Finish. Given below is a list of usernames and the roles we assign to them in this guide.
Username Role apicreator creator apipublisher publisher
Repeat the steps to create at least one user for all roles.
- Open the API Publisher (
https://<YourHostName>:9443/publisher) and log in as
- Click the Add link and provide the following information to your API.