In section , we introduced you to a set of users that are commonly found in many enterprises. To create these users in the API Manager, you log in to the management console as an administration user (credentials: admin/admin). The admin use can play the creator, publisher and subscriber roles described earlier. In this section, we explain how to set up these users or custom users and roles.
Log in to the management console (
https://hostname:9443/carbon) using admin/admin credentials.
- Select the Users and Roles menu under the Configure menu.
- Click Add New Role and provide
creatoras the role name.
- Click Next.
- Select the following permissions from the list that opens and click Finish.
- Manage > API > Create
- Manage > Resources > Govern and all underlying permissions
Similarly, create the
publisherrole with the following permissions.
- Manage > API > Publish
- You can now create users for each of those roles. To do so, click the Users and Roles menu under the Configure menu.
- Click Users.
- Click Add New User, provide the username/password and click Next.
Select the role you want to assign to the user (e.g.,
subscriber) and click Finish. Given below is a list of usernames and the roles we assign to them in this guide.
Username Role apicreator creator apipublisher publisher
Repeat the steps to create at least one user for all roles.
The API is now ready to be published. This is done by a user in the publisher role.
Publishing the API
- Log out of in to the API Publisher and log back in Web application as apipublisher.
- Click on the
PhoneVerificationAPI - You can see that an additional tab is now avail
able, allowing us to manage the API lifecycle
- . Note that you can now see a tab as API Lifecycle in the API Publisher UI.
- Go to the API Lifecycle tab and select the state as PUBLISHED from the drop-down list.