If you do not have Carbon Studio 1.0.x or Developer Studio 2.x installed, skip ahead to Install Developer Studio.
It is possible to import existing projects from a previous version of Developer Studio to the current version.
Remove Carbon Studio 1.x and Developer Studio 2.x features
To remove previous features:
- In Eclipse, chooseclick Help -> Install New Software, and then click the already installed? link.
- Select all the features related to the following products and click Uninstall:
- Application Server
- Business Process Server
- Complex Event Server
- Data Services
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Governance Registry
- User Management Core Tools
You have now successfully uninstalled Carbon Studio 1.x and Developer Studio 2.x features and are ready to install Developer Studio 3.x as described in the next section.
Install Developer Studio
This section provides instructions for installing Developer Studio. The quick installation describes how to use Eclipse Marketplace to quickly install Developer Studio into a running instance of Eclipse using all the default options. The custom installation provide more information on installing Developer Studio and describes how to install it from a downloaded distribution.
If you want to use App Factory via Developer Studio, and you install Developer Studio via the P2 zip file, the Online P2 Repository, or the Eclipse Market Place instead of the complete installation distribution, you need to update your Egit plugin before you use the AppFactory tooling feature. To update your Egit plugin, go to http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates/ via Eclipse.
Go to http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/wso2-developer-studio, drag the Install icon to your Eclipse workbench window, and then accept all the defaults in the wizard to install Developer Studio.
- Start Eclipse, choose click Help -> Install New Software, and then click Add.
The The Add Repository dialog box appears.
developer-studiofor the name, and then do one of the following:
- If you downloaded Developer Studio, click Archive and specify the downloaded archive's location.
- If you did not download Developer Studio and want to install it directly from the web, type the following path for as the location:
- Click OK.
Developer Studio appears in the list.
- Click the check box next to WSO2 Developer Studio, and then click Next.
- Review the items to be installed and click Next.
- Accept the license agreement and click Finish.
- If a security warning appears during installation, click OK, select the Eclipse and Developer Studio certificates, and click OK again.
- When prompted, restart Eclipse.