- Click the Main tab on the Management Console and then go . Go to Manage -> Services -> Add and then click Proxy Service.
The Create Proxy Service from Template screen appears.
- Select a template that suits your mediation requirement. For example, if you want to expose an existing service with WS-Security, you can choose the "Secure Proxy" option to create a proxy service with WS-Security enabled with a specified security policy. If you implement a scenario where an existing service is exposed over a different schema (message format), you can use the "Transformer Proxy" option to easily set up a proxy service that transforms requests and responses based on specified XSLT configurations.
The available templates are as follows:
- Pass Through Proxy - Creates a simple proxy service on a specified endpoint. The proxy service does not perform any processing on the messages but simply forwards them to the back-end service.
- Secure Proxy - Creates a proxy service with WS-Security engaged. The service will process WS-Security on incoming requests and forward them to an unsecured back-end service.
- WSDL Based Proxy - Creates a proxy service based on the WSDL of an existing web service. Endpoint information is extracted from the remotely hosted WSDL of an actual service.
- Logging Proxy - Creates a proxy service that logs all the incoming requests and forwards them to a given endpoint. Responses from the back-end service can also be logged before routing them to the client.
- Transformer Proxy - Creates a proxy service, which transforms all the incoming requests using XSLT and then forwards them to a given endpoint. Responses from the back-end service can also be transformed before routing them to the client.
- Custom Proxy - Launches the proxy service creation wizard, where you create a new proxy service by customising every aspect of the proxy including sequences, endpoints, transport, and other QoS settings.
- Specify the options for the selected template as described in the following topics:
- Specify an option for publishing a WSDL for the proxy service.
- Select the transports that the proxy service will use. Here you will only see the transports that are enabled.
- Click Create. The proxy service will be created and should appear in the Services list on the Deployed Services screen.