This option helps helps create data services automatically using a given database structure. When generating a data service, the server takes its table structure according to the structure specified in the data source and automatically creates the the
UPDATE and and
DELETE operations operations.
Before you begin, you must first first add a data source. Once the datasource is created, follow the steps below to generate a data service.
- Select the data source created before and datasource created before from the drop down list.
Give the name of the database, whichincludes
includes the data you need to expose and click Next.
and click Next
Note that in most cases the database name should be the same name used when creating the datasource. If you want to find the database name for the datasource you selected in step 2 above,
go to the Configure tab and click Datasources in the navigator. You can then get the details (including the database name) of a datasource by clicking View.
However, some datasources such as Oracle and H2 may not require the exact database name.
- The table structure of the database is displayed. From there, select the preferred table/s and click click Next.
- If you selected multiple tables in the previous step, you must select a service generation mode from the two options as follows, and click click Next.
- Single Service: Creates a single data services service for operations of all tables.
- Multiple Services: Creates a service per table, for operations relevant only to that table.
- The generated service/s appear on the screen. Click Click Finish to to navigate to the the Deployed Services window window, from where you can can Manage Data Services.