- Log in to the WSO2 Storage Server management console and select Add under Cassandra Keyspaces in the Main menu.
Fill in the details and save.
For Simple Strategy:
For Network Topology Strategy:
The fields in the new keyspace window are described below:
Field Description Name Name of the keyspace. This field is mandatory. The name "system" is reserved for Cassandra internals. Replication Placement Strategy
Replica placement strategy determines how the keyspace data copies are placed in the Cassandra cluster, which nodes carry copies of which keys etc. We have the 'Simple' Strategy, 'Old Network Topology' Strategy and 'Network Topology' Strategy.
Replication Factor For Simple Strategy: Number of replicas (additional copies) of keyspace data stored in a Cassandra cluster. For example, if replication factor is set to 2, then 2 nodes in the cluster will have copies of keyspace data and this replication is transparent to the clients. The replication factor should not exceed the number of nodes in the cluster. For Network Topology Strategy: Number of replicas (additional copies) of keyspace data stored in each Data Center in a Cassandra cluster. For example, in a particular Data Center, if replication factor is set to 2, then 2 nodes in that Data Center will have copies of keyspace data and this replication is transparent to the clients. The replication factor should not exceed the number of nodes in that particular Data Center.
- The added keyspace is listed under Keyspaces.
Storage Server has the system keyspace by default. It is the metadata table used by Cassandra server, and users are not allowed to modify it.
- You can perform the following operations on the newly-added custom keyspace.
- Set Permissions
- Edit: Takes you back to step 2 above to change keyspace information
- Delete: Allows to delete the keyspace. Once executed, this operation cannot be undone
- Set Permissions