- DevOps will have to define the cartridge using a
cartridge.jsonvia the CLI, Web Web UI or REST or REST API and send it to Stratos Manager.
- Stratos Manager will send the cartridge definition to Cloud Controller (CC) to be deployed.
- Cloud Controller will carry out a validation process based on the cartridge image ID (e.g., On EC2 an Amazon Machine Image [AMI]).
- If the cartridge already exists, Cloud Controller will undeploy the cartridge.
- If the cartridge does not exist, Cloud Controller will proceed with the cartridge deployment process.
- Cloud Controller will add the cartridge definition to its in-memory and persist it in its registry.
- Cloud Controller will update the Topology with the service definition and publish the Topology event to Message Broker (MB).