Prior to installing any WSO2 Carbon based product, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run
- on any platform that is Oracle JDK 1.6.*/1.7.* compliant. JDK 1.8 is not supported yet.
- WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. The embedded H2 database is suitable for development, testing, and some production environments. For most enterprise production environments, however, we recommend you use an industry-standard RDBMS such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, etc. For more information,
- see Working with Databases. Additionally, we do not recommend the H2 database as a user store.
- It is not recommended to use Apache DS in a production environment due to scalability issues. Instead, use an LDAP like OpenLDAP for user management.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with,
- see Compatibility of WSO2 Products.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product in a specific platform or database, .
The following applications are required for running the API Manager and its samples or for building from the source code. Mandatory installs are marked with *.
Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
1.6.27 or later / 1.7.*
If you are using JDK 1.7 on a Mac OS, install the snappy-java library using the following steps:Download the snappy-java JAR and extract it to a preferred location. This folder will be referred to as
x86_64.jnilib(64bit), which is in the
<SNAPPY_HOME>/org/xerial/snappy/native/Mac/directory, to the
Apache ActiveMQ JMS Provider
5.5.0 or later
1.7.0 or later
NOTE: On Windows Server 2003, you must not go below the medium security level in Internet Explorer 6.x.
You are now ready to install. Click one of the following links for instructions: