Prior to installing any WSO2 Carbon based product, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
- ~ 2 GB minimum
- ~ 512 MB heap size. This is generally sufficient to process typical SOAP messages but the requirements vary with larger message sizes and the number of messages processed concurrently.
- ~ 500 MB for a fresh installation pack, excluding space allocated for log files and databases.
- ~ Recommended minimum - 2 Cores. For high concurrencies and better performances - 4 Cores.
The following applications are required for running the API Manager and its samples or for building from the source code. Mandatory installs are marked with *.
Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
1.6.27 or later / 1.7.*
- If you are using JDK 1.6, you might need to replace the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) policy files in your JDK with the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy files. This will avoid "illegal key size" errors when you try to invoke a secured Web service.
- To build the product from the source distribution, you must use JDK 1.6 instead of JDK 1.7.
- Oracle and IBM JRE 1.7 are also supported when running (not building) WSO2 products.
- We do not recommend OpenJDK as we do not support it or test our products with it.
Apache ActiveMQ JMS Provider
- To enable the product's JMS transport and try out JMS samples. The ActiveMQ client libraries must be installed in the product's classpath before you can enable the JMS transport.
5.5.0 or later
If you use any other JMS provider (e.g., Apache Qpid), install any necessary libraries and/or components.
1.7.0 or later
|SVN Client|| |
You are now ready to install. Click one of the following links for instructions: