Operating Systems/Databases/User Stores
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is Oracle JDK 7/8 compliant. Also, we do not recommend OpenJDK as we do not support it or test our products with it .
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. The embedded H2 database is suitable for development , and testing, and some production environments. For most enterprise production environments , however, we recommend you use an industry-standard RDBMS such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, etc. For more information, see Working with Databases. Additionally, we do not recommend the H2 database for use
- WSO2 Identity Server supports using any of the following as a user store.:
- WSO2 Identity Server is shipped with a default embedded Apache DS
, it is recommended to use an LDAP like OpenLDAP,
- that is suitable for development purposes. WSO2 does not recommend using Apache DS in a production environment
- due to scalability issues that exist with Apache DS.
- WSO2 does not recommend using the H2 database as a user store in production environments. However, you can use the H2 database for development purposes if necessary.
The following applications are required for running the product and its samples or for building from the source code.