- Log in to the Management Console (https://localhost:9443/carbon) and create a user role named roleA with the permissions given below. For information on user roles, see Configuring Users and Roles.
- Create a role named roleB with the same permissions as specified above.
- Create a user named userA and assign roleA to the user.
- Create a user named userB and assign roleB to the user.
Create a web application. To restrict visibility of this web app to roleA, enter roleA as the value in the Restrict Visibility field when creating the app.
In order to create a web app, log in with a user that has the following permissions:
- All Permissions > Admin Permissions > Configure > Governance and all underlying permissions
- All Permissions > Admin Permissions > Login
- All Permissions > Admin Permissions > Manage > API > Create
- All Permissions > Admin Permissions > Manage > Resources > Govern and all underlying permissions
- Publish the web application. For instructions on publishing a Web app, see Publishing Web Applications.
- Access the App Store as an anonymous user. You are unable to see the newly created application in the App Store.
- Now log in to the App Store as userA. You are now able to see the newly created application.
- Log in to the App Store as userB or any other user who is not assigned roleA. You are unable to see the application as visibility is restricted to roleA.