- Sign in. Enter your user name and password to log on to the ESB Management Console.
- Click on Main in the left menu and then click Proxy Service under Web Services. The Create Proxy Service from Template will appear.
- Select a template that suits your mediation requirements
- Pass Through Proxy - Creates a simple proxy service on a specified endpoint. The proxy service does not perform any processing on the messages but simply forwards them to the back-end service.
- Secure Proxy - Creates a proxy service with WS-Security engaged. The service will process WS-Security on incoming requests and forward them to an unsecured back-end service.
- WSDL Based Proxy - Creates a proxy service based on the WSDL of an existing web service. Endpoint information is extracted from the remotely hosted WSDL of an actual service.
- Logging Proxy - Creates a proxy service that logs all the incoming requests and forwards them to a given endpoint. Responses from the back-end service can also be logged before routing them to the client.
- Transformer Proxy - Creates a proxy service, which transforms all the incoming requests using XSLT and then forwards them to a given endpoint. Responses from the back-end service can also be transformed before routing them to the client.
- Custom Proxy - Launches the proxy service creation wizard, where you create a new proxy service by customizing every aspect of the proxy including sequences, endpoints, transport, and other QoS settings.
For example, if you want to expose an existing service with WS-Security, you can choose the "Secure Proxy" option to create a proxy service with WS-Security enabled with a specified security policy. If you implement a scenario where an existing service is exposed over a different schema (message format), you can use the "Transformer Proxy" option to easily set up a proxy service that transforms requests and responses based on specified XSLT configurations.
- Specify the options for the selected template as described in the following topics:
- Specify an option for publishing a WSDL for this proxy service.
- Select the transports this proxy service will use. Only are available in the list.
Click Create or Finish at the bottom of the page to create the proxy service. It now appears in the Proxy Service list on the Deployed Services screen.
Note title Note
When creating a proxy service, you need to add the following parameter to the proxy configuration to avoid the proxy deployment from failing when the wsdl is not available at server startup.